Paint tool sai skin tutorial. I was tired of seeing cartoon-ish coloring. So here is something more on the realistic side done in sai. This is a very simple tutorial in it I have included two brushes that I primarily use for skin and hair. The first one is mine and the second one labeled Brush Zork I did not make, but you can find the brush and other brushes he made by looking at the artists page and videos: thezork.deviantart.com/
I only used three colors here are the steps:
1) lay down base color. I start with the darkest and lighten it up as I go.
2) lay down your mid tone- I like a golden color
3) Blend using blending brush zork.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you are satisfied with the skin tone.
5) Do a new layer and set to luminosity, here you use the lightest color I have provided. Add to the inner corners of the eyes, tip of the nose, chin and middle of the forehead.
7) This is optional but you can add skin texture- I do this by creating little areas of dots with a dark color and lower the opacity on the layer (creates pores)
8) I combine the layers and to add more texture I change texture in sai to Noise 1, lower the size to 50% and change the opacity to 2-6
Thank you for reading my tutorial you can find the natalie portman lineart here:hellsong-diabla.deviantart.com…
Here is the finished painting of this work: princesspinkpearl.deviantart.c…